cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

GamerNumpty
Joining in

I am wanting to move my Router upstairs and believe my address already has the connections in the room. Do i need to arrange an engineer or can i move the router myself

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes.. I have a Hub and 3 V6 boxes - I have swapped the V6's around once or twice. Just give ir a go.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just try it and see. The wall port should be active.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

more worried that they may not permit us lowly people moving their equipment - is it permitted?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes.. I have a Hub and 3 V6 boxes - I have swapped the V6's around once or twice. Just give ir a go.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi GamerNumpty,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forum!

You're more than welcome to move your equipment about in your home if you want to, however if you don't feel comfortable or don't quite know how, we'll be happy to schedule in a visit for you. There'd be a one off charge for this appointment however for £25.

Let us know 😀

Beth

how soon could a technician visit?

To best look into this, I have sent you a private message @GamerNumpty 

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gareth655
Joining in

Hi,

Can someone contact me to arrange moving my router upstairs please?

Thanks,

Gareth

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Calling it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

It will be quicker. Its a routine request for them to process.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi Gareth655,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to help with getting that booked in for you. 

There is a cost of £25. 

I will private message you now to confirm details. 

^Martin