cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@Samanmo wrote:

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

It’s a a standard £25 change for doing this, 

Now if you are a masochist and enjoy endless frustration by dealing with the Oompa Loomps, then please call 150 (no, my apologies, the Oompa Loompass diligently did their jobs and certainly wouldn’t have contemplated making stuff up or lying to the customer), and request an engineer visit.

Alternatively, if you value your sanity, then hang on for a day or so for a member of the forum team to find this thread and offer to get in touch via direct message, and sort an appointment out.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

159 REPLIES 159

jem101
Superstar

@Samanmo wrote:

Hi, 

It’s a a standard £25 change for doing this, 

Now if you are a masochist and enjoy endless frustration by dealing with the Oompa Loomps, then please call 150 (no, my apologies, the Oompa Loompass diligently did their jobs and certainly wouldn’t have contemplated making stuff up or lying to the customer), and request an engineer visit.

Alternatively, if you value your sanity, then hang on for a day or so for a member of the forum team to find this thread and offer to get in touch via direct message, and sort an appointment out.

Thank you. I think I'll wait for a member of the forum team! 

Wise choice 😀

Actually I’ll use my God-like powers and see if I can’t escalate this to the forum team.

Hi Samanmo, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

This is definitely something we can help with, I will just need to send you a PM to confirm some details ahead of booking the appointment for you. Once we have everything we need we can return to the public thread to update it. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of your page in your inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, 

Just to update this public thread, an appointment to get the hub relocated has now been booked - with a tech call out charge of £25 as previously advised by the community on this thread. Thank you all for your help and support. 

Thank you to @Samanmo for PM'ing with me. I hope the appointment goes well!

Do let us know if there is anything further we can do to support you. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hello,

I'm in a similar situation, could you help me to book an engineer please? 

Kind regards,

Hi s14foster,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post. 

Of course, I'll pop you over a private message now so I can help further.

thanks

Beth

Hi Molly, 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I need to relocate my router. Please can you assist me with booking a tech callout? 

Thank you

Good Afternoon @Whiteley, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd be happy to arrange for the engineer to come out to you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn