Menu
NGC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving my hub

Hi

I want to move my hub from near my tv and place it on a high unit to try and improve my very poor wifi signal, but the main VM cables are not long enough, will VM be able to send me a connector and a longer cable or is it just "down to me"

Help appreciated

Neil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving my hub

you will be better going to modem mode and using a good router

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin charge £99 for a non fault callout, even if it is just for a longer cable. You may be able to get help from retentions, but unlikely. Wouldnt advise doing it yourself with your own cable as has the pottential to cause alot of issues. And i doubt moving the hub a couple of feet higher would improve your wifi. Have you split your 2g and 5g networks for better wireless reception? Or as said above, invest in a 3rd party router.

NGC
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank for the advice,

i don’t understand what you mean about separating 2g from 5g 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NGC could take a look at -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connecting-WiFi-adaptor-for-air-con/td-p/362... this shows how to split the wifi..

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.