cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home with Wifi Pod

andycambs
Superfast

Quick question - i have WiFi Pods in the house. If I move, are the pods paired to the router, or could i simply take them with me to the new home and use?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes Pods are paired to the Hub - are you not taking the Hub with you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I don't even think the house is cabled yet.

Would you normally take the Hub with you when you move?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Only if the house is VM cabled and has an active service. I am not 100% sure if you can just take the equipment across with you these days (someone else should comment).

If the house isnt VM cabled then you will have to cancel your current account with 30 days notice - and there may be an early disconnection fee.

Or investigate whether it can be cabled quickly - e.g. if it has had an active service previously.

There is a "Moving Home" website with more info somewhere - but I dont have the link to hand - just search for it.

If you have to cancel all VM equipment must be returned or you will be charged for keeping it see...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jbrennand wrote:
Only if the house is VM cabled and has an active service. I am not 100% sure if you can just take the equipment across with you these days (someone else should comment).

It depends on where you move as to whether you transfer your existing kit or need an engineer to come out and install new kit.

Virgin Media will tell you when it's arranged which one is possible as it's related to the billing systems.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own