cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving VM hub

davep123456
Tuning in

Hi All,

In the near future I may wish to relocate the VM hub from ground floor to the loft.

Currently it has a short white wire coming from the wall point to the hub.

How do I go about getting it moved and keeping it connected.

I am happy to do the work myself, just need to know how to proceed and what equipment I may need. Ie longer wire, signal boosters etc 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davep123456 wrote:

<snip>   I am happy to do the work myself, just need to know how to proceed and what equipment I may need. Ie longer wire, signal boosters etc 

TIA

Simple answer, you can't.  VM are responsible for all the co-ax cabling that attaches to their network, as bad work can cause problems for everyone connected the the street cabinet, not just the one user !

The standard charge for this is £25 I think.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi davep123456,

I would imagine the simplest solution would be to have a cable long enough to replace the original short one, but you may need a booster depending on the actual distance you are trying to span. It's not something you can do yourself as far as I'm aware, and would very likely need an engineer to make up & fit the new cable for you.

I'm sure one of our Forum Team will be able to help you further, they are usually quick to reply.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davep123456 wrote:

<snip>   I am happy to do the work myself, just need to know how to proceed and what equipment I may need. Ie longer wire, signal boosters etc 

TIA

Simple answer, you can't.  VM are responsible for all the co-ax cabling that attaches to their network, as bad work can cause problems for everyone connected the the street cabinet, not just the one user !

The standard charge for this is £25 I think.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davep123456,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with the current location of your Hub. 

As @Adduxi suggested, we are more than happy to have this re-location arranged for you fort he cost of £25. Please let us know if you've already had this issue looked into, or if you need some further assistance. 

We're more than happy to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs