Menu
sophie_c
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moved into a house with existing broadband. How do I find the account number?

I have recently moved into a rented house that has existing working virgin media wifi. I have not received any bills after a month and am unable to speak to someone via phone about this because i do not have an account number. Please would someone be able to give me a number where i can speak to someone about this or if not let me know of a way of finding out my account number without having a bill? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved into a house with existing broadband. How do I find the account number?

Account details can only be discussed with the account holder, or someone authorised by the account holder to deal with the account.

If there is existing Virgin Media services in the flat, then they are either the landlord's services, or they're from a previous tenant who hasn't transferred them somewhere else yet.

So you'd first need to check with the landlord the situation with the services. If they're not the landlord's services, and you want Virgin Media services, you'd be able to apply for a new account and advise that the existing account holder isn't at the address anymore.

This would trigger a process to close the existing account after a period of time (to ensure that the existing account holder doesn't want to continue with services), and then set you up with an account.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
sophie_c
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved into a house with existing broadband. How do I find the account number?

@BenMcr wrote:
 If they're not the landlord's services, and you want Virgin Media services, you'd be able to apply for a new account and advise that the existing account holder isn't at the address anymore.

This would trigger a process to close the existing account after a period of time (to ensure that the existing account holder doesn't want to continue with services), and then set you up with an account.

I'm 90% sure my landlord doesn't pay for it. Please can you advise me how to apply for a new account without turning off or disrupting the already functioning broadband?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you might not be able to. you need to call the sales team. if you are using someone elses internet you can;t expect it to remain working for you and should get your own installed as soon as you can

0 Kudos
sophie_c
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm fully aware of this and trying to sort the issue. I have tried this avenue too and can only fill out a form online but this doesn't seem right since there is wifi already installed, is there a number available for sales or otherwise that i can speak to someone that will help me resolve it (without an account number)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sales number is 0800 952 8046

0 Kudos