cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move WiFi router to another room

rebeccamacd2393
Joining in

Hi there,

My WiFi router is now an inconvenient spot in my bedroom and needs moved into the kitchen. I’ve read that Virgin can send out an engineer to do this for a fixed cost, does anyone know how I can organise this?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rebeccamacd2393 wrote:

Thanks Rob that would be great. Can I just check is that charge £25 or £325?? Thanks!

@rebeccamacd2393 It is £25, looks like @Robert_P had a keyboard malfunction. 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call VM and arrange a non fault tech visit or wait for one of the forum team to stop by this thread and they can usually help you book a visit.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello rebeccamacd2393

Thanks for posting in regards to moving your hub from its current location to the kitchen, we're happy to help with this and appreciate you raising it via the forums. Welcome to the community.

As mentioned in your original post, there is a standard charge of £25 applicable to the next bill for completing this work, this is due to it being classed as a non fault call out. If you're happy for this to be the case and would like us to arrange this please let us know 🙂

Rob

Thanks Rob that would be great. Can I just check is that charge £25 or £325?? Thanks!

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rebeccamacd2393 wrote:

@rebeccamacd2393 It is £25, looks like @Robert_P had a keyboard malfunction. 😉

Hi Rob can I please book this service? Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rebeccamacd2393

Yes of course we can get this booked in for you.

I will pop you over a PM to get some details and we can go from there, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 📩
Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rebeccamacd2393

Thank you for messaging with me, glad I could get this booked in for you and hope all goes well with your visit.

If you wish to rearrange/cancel/view your appointment you can do so here 📅

Thanks,

Zoie 

Hi Zoie,

I also need my router moving to another room. Can someone get in touch with me to arrange this please?

regards,

georgie

Hi @Georgie13 👋

We can assist you with arranging that, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and book in. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina