cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move 2nd tv box to garden office

Jsurman
Tuning in

Hi

how do I request this.  I’ve tried to call a few times but can’t work out how to request an engineer visit 

thx

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
How is the box connected?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Not sure what you mean. I currently have 2 tv boxes in the house, but would like to move one up to the garden room. I gather an engineer will come and do this for a fee

That's a possibility - if it is a V6 box all you need to do is run a long ethernet cable: Or connect it via Wifi.

If it is a Tivo box that has a coax connection then yes - Engineer needed with a £99 charge!

It’s a TiVo box but I can’t work out how to book the engineer visit.  Which selection do I make on the phone system 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it is a V6 you still need a co-ax cable connection - that's where the cable TV comes from 🙂

It also needs an ethernet cable connection to get the online services or a good wif connection if you have that in there.

So you deffo need the Tech install £99 option - call it in for that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Personally, I'd wait it out on here for a for a forum rep -they are much better.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lotharmat wrote:
Personally, I'd wait it out on here for a for a forum rep -they are much better.

No argument there !  But IME - if you call in to change your package or installation (and not to report a "fault") they pick up pretty quickly 😎

VM staff can take a day or two or three - depending on how busy they are - but as you are in no immediate hurry.....

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

its £99 for someone to do that if its not a fault and they have to use there outside wire to connect it to the the garden office and it depends on were you want the outside wire to go in the garden and connect it to outside box to your house they can't use the wire what they use for inside your house like your other stuff but you have to get them out still and plan the route from the brown box on your house to your garden office

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others