cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 3 wifi pods?

19sparks91
Joining in

We have a large house with solid walls. Virgin have installed the router in a sensible and relatively central location. I have two wifi pods working well left-side GF and 1F; and the third right-side GF. Leaving right-side 1F as, not a blackspot exactly, but wifi downloads speeds drop to 20mbps compared to 50mbps elsewhere.

I can't get anymore pods from Virgin, second hand pods won't work apparently, is there a third party pod e.g. Plume that can be configured to be part of the mesh network?

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm fairly certain 3 Pods is the maximum allowed.  You could however get another 3rd Party extender and use it with the same SSID. passwords etc.  It will not use the Pods mesh, but can be connected to the Hub either via cable, wifi (if in range) or powerlines.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Would this mean, on say a smartphone, you would have to disconnect from the virgin wifi and reconnect to the 3rd party extender separately? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. If the SSIDs are the same the station should just hop to the best signal automatically. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey 19sparks91,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection speeds around your home, 3 WiFi pods are the maximum that you can have with our WiFi guarantee, we would provide 3 pods and if you're still having issues, we would arrange a technician visit to look into the connection issues, would you like me to arrange a visit for you?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L