cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More bb issues - Hampton

horsetowater
On our wavelength

for two days now the service is slow. Films crap out and the service comes and goes. Can’t even register the loss of service online anymore!!!!

just get a general “looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services” 

no reference numbers

no updates

no timeframe 

what a joke!!

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate with a key press

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, I had already done that. The virgin media status page says no bb issues, yet calling the automated number, it is aware of the problem and claims to be working on it.

No reference numbers or Time frames. Just “it is a complex issue”. I registered for text updates but have yet to recieve a single one. 

Into the 3rd day of the problem now ☹️

Hey horsetowater, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are suffering from an outage.

I have checked this out at our end and I can confirm the SNR outage actually ended this morning (1st Feb) 2023.

Please can you let me know how you connection has been since this morning? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi there,

That multi day problem was finally resolved, but getting similar problems from yesterday again. Very frustrating to be paying for a service I can’t rely on. 

Hi horsetowater,

Thanks for coming back and updating us on this. I'm sorry to hear the issues are continuing. Checking the connection at this end it looks as though the area fault was reopened as things weren't quite resolved I'm afraid.

The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010433533
  • Estimated fix time: 09 FEB 2023 15:25
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs