cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month in advance for first bill

JT009966
Joining in

Hi,

I've just received my first bill and have seen the breakdown of the charges. It mentions paying a month in advance, does this mean I wont get charged next month or eventually get the money back?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
It will work out in the end! - I believe that the last month won't be taken when you leave / change providers.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
It will work out in the end! - I believe that the last month won't be taken when you leave / change providers.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks very much for the reply!

Hey @JT009966 and welcome back to the community.

@lotharmat has given you the correct information about the charges.

More information can be found here on your first and last bills.

Regards,

Steven_L

I was sure that this payment for an invisible month can be used as for example if a payment is missed, so that the monthly fee is covered from this deposit, but I was painfully convinced that it was not so. At the end of the contract, if I continue to take services, this payment for an invisible month hangs somewhere, and I can’t use it in any way. Since I pay for services a month in advance, then after switching to another provider for a month, this deposit remains with the former provider with somewhere in the spaceships of this company :)? ? I understand you correctly?

Hi tomaris,

Thanks for coming back to us. It cannot be used in case a payment is missed. Lets say you give notice to cancel today, so cancellation is the 18th November. Your billing period say is the 5th-4th of each month and this is produced on the 20th of each month. In this scenario, you'd be billed 5th November-4th December on your penultimate bill, then a few days after disconnection, a final bill will be created, for the period of the 18th November-4th December. So you'd be credited for that period, minus any charges incurred from the 5th November-18th November.

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So i was right never straightforward with VM now matter of principle. 

We do apologise for any confusion caused. Let me know if we can help you with anything.  @TORNPAPERCLIP 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nope think I got the wrong end of stick at first I did think I dont owe anything when in fact I may possibly do.