Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem mode - which router can I connect?

Can't speak for your case, but most DOS attacks against individuals are from morons that have taken issue over some internet forum dispute or some silly slanging match in an online game.  If that's the case, then unless you can abandon your usernames or identities that were involved, then there's every chance that the moron involved will pick up your new IP, and you'll have spent seventy quid for nothing.  

You might want to consider changing ISP - you don't need VM's speeds for gaming, and as a small side benefit Openreach latency is better than any cable connection. 

An alternative is to investigate gaming VPNs.  That won't do anything for your current IP, but in future it'll mean that you are as anonymous as you want to be.  Admittedly that'll cost between £3-10 a month depending on who you choose and how long you'll sign up for - and obviously you'll need to read up on the best VPNs for gaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

[quote] 

Hello

The 2nd one is the better one as the wireless is a lot faster.

Regards Mike

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT. [/quote] 

Okay, I am about to buy this router, but just wanna know one more thing. After I connect this router the wifi signal is going to be at least the same like I've got now, or is going to be weaker? If it's going to be weaker is it possible to buy anything "to make it great again"?. I don't want my family to be disappointed, just because of WIFI signal, or speed. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same or better depends on where you put it. But far more reliable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello

With that router will more than likely be stronger and faster.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Should arrive tomorrow. Thanks for your support. 

0 Kudos