cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem light always solid red

Charles1977
Tuning in

I have the Home Hub 3 and for over a month now the light has been solid red (normally solid white)

Also just before it happend (a month or so before) my speed during the evening have dropped to horrifying slow speeds. Seem normal in the morning but from 3pm onward I am lucky to get over 4mbs. My bill has gone up to £55 per month but my speeds are worse the when I was using adsl.

6 REPLIES 6

Charles1977
Tuning in

Also I wish to enquire about downgrading or cancelling my connection but your site don't have a option for either. I am deaf, I do not have any type of special equipment that turns voice into text so I can't phone.

Times are hard and I really need to think about changing providers, especially when I consider other comapanies offer a guarantee of better speeds at lower peices. I know you offer the fastest speeds in my area but I never seem to get those speeds and you offer no speed guarantees (4mbs is less the 4% of the 125mbs I'm paying for).

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Charles1977,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the red light on your hub and the speed issue you have been having. 

Can you confirm if the hub feels as though the hub is overheating?

^Martin

The hub is cool ,in a well ventilated space and is dust free. Are we ignoring my request to downgrade?

Also sorry it took so long to reply I Have had a new crew here all morning.

News crew sorry, also you might consider allowing people to edit post they make, just sayin'

Apologies @Charles1977 we're unable to assist with package changes or downgrades here but if you send a message to our team via WhatsApp on +447305 327 112, they'll be more than happy to help.

In regards to the red light on your hub, follow the below steps:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  •  Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. 
  • Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.
  • If the Hub does not boot up or boots back up and the red base light persists, let us know so we can arrange a replacement.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs