cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Mode still not appearing even on IPv6????

TyronDawson
Tuning in

Why, after sitting for 20 mins on the phone to virgin to get my line switched to IPv6 am I still not seeing Modem Mode as an option when I log into my Hub 3?? All i want is to switch this terrible useless device into modem so that I can connect to a new 3rd party router.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Because this is the VM community forum for the UK, and although we are more than happy to help and advise on general network issues, VM in Ireland have a different setup. The hub is (I believe) the same hardware but the software on it is different - we don’t have IPv6 for example, and nobody here is going to have much expertise of the VM Ireland setup.

If I recall correctly, (and I may well be wrong), by default the hub is enabled for IPv6 which removes the modem mode option. You need to call in and request you be switched to IPv4 for this option to magically reappear.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyronDawson wrote:

Looks exactly like one above except that Modem Mode is not there. It's not letting me add a photo but it's idencticle to theirs but non existent option to click anywhere within the portal on Modem Mode

Ah, i'll have to correct myself then regarding IPv6!

Ironically it appears when IPv6 is enabled you cannot access modem mode!

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32179-no-modem-mode-and-dmz-option-due-to-virgin-media/ 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyronDawson wrote:

Why, after sitting for 20 mins on the phone to virgin to get my line switched to IPv6 am I still not seeing Modem Mode as an option when I log into my Hub 3?? All i want is to switch this terrible useless device into modem so that I can connect to a new 3rd party router.

VM don't support IPv6.

And left hand side:

It's not there on the left hand side. That button does not exist for me. It's the most infuriating thing in the world.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
post a pic of what yours looks like

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Are you in Ireland by any chance?

Yes I am why?

Looks exactly like one above except that Modem Mode is not there. It's not letting me add a photo but it's idencticle to theirs but non existent option to click anywhere within the portal on Modem Mode

Because this is the VM community forum for the UK, and although we are more than happy to help and advise on general network issues, VM in Ireland have a different setup. The hub is (I believe) the same hardware but the software on it is different - we don’t have IPv6 for example, and nobody here is going to have much expertise of the VM Ireland setup.

If I recall correctly, (and I may well be wrong), by default the hub is enabled for IPv6 which removes the modem mode option. You need to call in and request you be switched to IPv4 for this option to magically reappear.

yes I am why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyronDawson wrote:

Ah, i'll have to correct myself then regarding IPv6!

Ironically it appears when IPv6 is enabled you cannot access modem mode!

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32179-no-modem-mode-and-dmz-option-due-to-virgin-media/