cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Mode and Orbi problems

Bellboy13
Joining in

Tried putting hub3 in modem mode so I could connect my router and then a switch and to an Orbi mesh wi/fi.I followed a virgin media video and carried out all instructions but could not connect so decided to try this in router mode so on applying router mode everything worked fine.So can anyone help  please me as I would prefer modem mode.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
With the Orbi in router mode and nothing connected too it wifi disabled or password changed put hub in modem mode and turn off the hub for 2mins turn on wait 5mins and unplug replug the Ethernet cable then connect a PC and test for a connection.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
With the Orbi in router mode and nothing connected too it wifi disabled or password changed put hub in modem mode and turn off the hub for 2mins turn on wait 5mins and unplug replug the Ethernet cable then connect a PC and test for a connection.

Sorry but I forgot to mention that my orbi mesh router is in AP mode don’t know if this makes any difference 

You need the Orbi in router mode if it don't have this mode and you want to run hub in modem mode look at getting a router or mesh with router mode.

Ok thank you I will switch the Orbi router from A.P mode back to router and try this