cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams

gavinbell
Joining in

I have just returned from two weeks holiday and am experiencing severe issues with Microsoft Teams. Initially the call quality is good, but then after 5 mins deteriorates to the point I cannot hear anything, so I have to drop off. This is unacceptable performance of the VM network. I have done some network checks using https://connectivity.office.com/ and can see there is a warning about DNS and also jitter on the teams check:

Your distance from and/or time to connect to a DNS recursive resolver
[RESOLVED] (65 ms)

Jitter
31 ms (target < 30 ms)

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What device are you using to connect to Teams on?

Are you connecting on wifi or ethernet cable?

Can you try it on ethernet cable connection as a quality test?

If wifi... the Hub may have had a firmware update or they have changed some wireless settings in the Hub - did you get any notification from VM about that? Do the network logs report any "updates" in the last 2-week period.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John. I have not changed how I connect - it's through an Ethernet cable to a power line adapter back to my router which is then connected to the modem only mode Virgin Hub. My laptop is running Windows 10.

I'm getting regular call issues and regular network issues.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you take the powerlines out of the loop and try on a direct connection into the Hub.

So you are in modem mode - so you have no router in operation - is that correct ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi gavinbell,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with Microsoft Teams, have you tried what jbrennand has suggested?

Alex_Rm

A wee update. I seem to have a problem with one of my power line adapters. I removed it and Teams now appears to be working much better.

Thanks for all the help 

Glad to hear the issue has improved @gavinbell.

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs