cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams

TE44
Tuning in

Hi,

I know this topic has already been covered but apparently I am supposed to start a new thread. I have the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 with 350mb. It all works well, except when I use Microsoft Teams: during a video or voice call I experience lags, buffering and disconnection. My wife has exactly the same problem on her laptop. We both use laptops that are mid/top range (so unlikely to come from the laptops). It happens even if nothing else (e.g. Netflix) runs in the background. We connect to the router via wifi from a room above or next to the one where the router sits (so not a long distance - especially since I can watch Netflix with no problem from these same rooms). Can Virgin Media help?

23 REPLIES 23

I have never tried it on a wired connection so I could give that a go. It isnt just teams that disconnects but the whole wifi connection disconnects. 

I am unsure how you split wifi bands, is there any details on that I can look at

Thank you for clarifying this @STunrer94

To do so, open a web browser and enter the address http://192.168.0.1 and log in using the details on the card of the hub. You can the change the bands by going to Advanced Settings> Wireless >Security

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just checked, the setting is currently enabled for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

wireless Mac filtering is disabled 

Hi there STunrer94, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

I think what Akua meant was for you to actually split the bands so they have their own network so to speak. I'll post the steps below but before you do that, checking your account your hub is showing some issues. The power levels are out of spec and there are quite a few timeouts. We'll need to get an engineer out to check things. I have booked you in for the next available appointment.  We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Steps to split your WiFi bands: 

You can do this by following these steps:

•    Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1

•    Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.

•    Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security

•    Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).

•    Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.*

*    Make sure that both frequencies are named differently and are still identifiable

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs