cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message vanished

CP53
On our wavelength

My post has vanished just like the VM hub3 I have been given wifi 8to 24 this morning in the same room as this brick  lives  awaiting execution it just sits there consuming power VM unhelpful/unwilling to help just want to supply me with more kit that will not work at even more money on m500 3 beb house solids walls with unacceptable wifi need an ABOVE average mesh system hoping to receive honest and knowledgeable recommendations as to what mesh system to install read so many reviews my head is spinning I am aware that all recommendations will be given in good faith 

Many thanks    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First question is how much do you want to spend

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

CP53
On our wavelength

Just spent the last hour composing a message to post and received this message back and now cannot find original message  any ideas what the problem is

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First question is how much do you want to spend

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have a look at the Deco M5 Mesh system and use the Hub in Modem mode.

CP53
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, just to let you know I am fully retired so money a little tight but willing to spend £200 + if i have to but i must retire this brick vm call hub3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9513031  

this is a black friday deal

CP53
On our wavelength
many thanks dannylau i assume you can back haul with with these

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you can have a wired backhaul. This would be the best option.  However this will take up one ethernet port, so you may need an unmanaged switch for additional ports.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco | TP-Link United Kingdom

CP53
On our wavelength
Appreciate the quick reply Adduxi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Was it perhaps rejected by the moderators for some reason?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.