cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Socket Move

mdcb
Joining in

I'm an existing VM broadband Customer. I am in the process of renovating a property which I will be moving to later in the year. I plan to keep/transfer my broadband package when I move.

I need the master socket in the property being renovated, moved as soon as possible. 

I've been on the phone to VM Customer Service, being transferred from multiple agents and departments (Moving & Eng teams) only to be cut off after an hour of waiting!!

Can anyone help me address this seemingly simple request?

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you move house the installer who comes to install your services will put the broadband where you want it and your new phone service won't use a master socket as new connections are now provided via the hub

Thanks for the reply jb66.

It's the broadband connection I'm referring to, I'm not using the phone service.

The house is currently being renovated and I'd like the cabling to be run into the walls before they are sealed, plastered and decorated. I don't want to wait until we move as this will be too late.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
If you're not yet a customer at that property then they won't come out

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for the reply.

I am an existing Customer at another property and plan to transfer the service to the renovated property when ready.

A bit of a Chicken and Egg problem. I thought this would be a fairly trivial request. 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Well if you're not an active customer AT the address you want the cabling done, then they won't run cabling there.

You'll need to be an active paying customer AT the new address for them to send an engineer out to do any works.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mdcb, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you've been disconnected several times when speaking to us.

It'll be the Moving + Transfers team that you need to speak to about this, as they'll make sure they arrange an engineer install (to get the socket relocated) when being able to get you moved over to your new property.

This is only something we'll be able to sort though, in the transitional period between moving out of your property and into your new one though i.e. we must have disconnected your account at your old address, to be able to supply with with working services at your new one.

The movers team will get an appointment set up for you that coincides with the disconnection of your old account/address, to ensure that you're not left without services.

I'd advised contacting them approximately 2 months before your move so it's enough time to get everything in place.

Their direct line is 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4, option 3.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks

Tom_W