cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major packet loss 24/7

danbeynon
Tuning in
  • Hi recently joined virgin media and from day 1 we had around 10% packet loss, then a technician came to the house and replaced the router saying it was the problem and it didn’t change anything. Some work was done in the area on broadband and now getting around 15% all day making online gaming incredibly dull, any help would be appreciated (bqm below)
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a9b903bd930b7f315b382f46f9c3cd1a202de3b8

15 REPLIES 15

The technician changed some wires around and checked the packet loss before and after, going from 10% to 4%, I’ve not noticed any difference on my end or on the BQM - so frankly I don’t think anything’s changed. Technician also said he expects around 4% loss, which just screams utter rubbish to me, given that with sky I very rarely had any loss at all. 

Should mention that ever since then the packet loss has returned to 9-10% and gaming has become incredibly difficult and no technician visit has seemingly helped at all

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

How have things been since your post? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hey danbeynon, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear this issues has still not been resolved.

I am going to send you a PM so we can investigate this into further details. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Ryan, nothing has changed since then - still fluctuates between 5 and 10% PL

Hey daneyonon, thank you for reaching back out.

I did send you a PM, however will send another one so we can get this looked into.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?