cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main hub disappeared

wdbkoolkool
Tuning in

Hi guys,

I’ve had my bands split for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz for months all working fine. Just plugged in a Wi-Fi Pod and it’s taken out the normal 5Ghz “VM_____” network and only the 2.4 remains. Accessing router settings no longer gives me the options to split bands (because they’re already split)

Router is a Hub 3

any ideas on a fix? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the wifi pod need the bands joined and smart wifi on - its a long time since i had one but i guess its just blanked the 5 band 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the wifi pod need the bands joined and smart wifi on - its a long time since i had one but i guess its just blanked the 5 band 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

the 5 band hasn’t reappeared after I’ve taken out the pod is the only thing. restarted hub and it still hasn’t popped back up 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

to add - when i had one of the pods i seem to remember getting them working with the bands split and smart wifi on - but thats over 6 months ago so firmware changes may have stopped that working

just seen your post - try a full reset - that should bring back both bands and turn on smart wifi - you can try splitting the bands as i suggest did work and try again

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Pinhole reset the hub, turned off smart Wi-Fi, split bands again and put the smart Wi-Fi back on and it’s worked a treat. Thanks for the help!