cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Server being blocked

Crunchie77
Joining in

Hi,

I am having issues accessing my mail business mail server via IMAP, SMTP, POP3 and HTTP and it times out when trying to access.

This started just over a week ago.

The URL's resolve correctly when performing an NSLOOKUP, and I can ping them, I just can't access any of the services hanging of the ports.

Name: mail.lanceprint.co.uk
Address: 91.222.9.49

If I enable a VPN (either standalone or via Opera Browser) everything works fine.

Using alternative ISP's everything works fine as well, along with mobile tethering through my telco.

How do I log a support call with virgin media to investigate.

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Sounds more like your IP is blocked on the mail server.

Speak to the host and ask them to whitelist your WAN IP

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks Gary,

Could well be.  Good call.

Whilst my syslog server doesn't always pick up WAN IP changes, I can see it changed on the 1st January (although it has been working OK up to a week or so ago)

Ill reach out to the provider and see what they say.  Are you aware of any specific subnet ranges I should share instead of single IPs?

No. IP's are "dynamic" but usually "stick" as they are assigned to the MAC address of the hub. Unless some major network segmentation or other happens you'll usually have the same IP indefinitely.

Just provide them your current WAN IP.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi