cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook not connecting to wifi - Hub 3.0

justluh
Joining in

Hi all, 

this has been happening for a good 4 months or more, randomly my Macbook pro disconnects from the WIFI and it does not matter what I do, it won't connect again.

All my other devices are connected to the wifi, only the MBP has issues, if I try to use my Mobile network as a hotspot, it connects, so it does not look like a MBP problem.

Anyone can help with this?

thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

Lauramc010
Joining in

Hi all, 

I am having the same issue - mac book connects to wifi but will not load any internet pages. Laptop works fine with other wifi networks and the virgin wifi works fine on any other device. 

I saw that the answer involved correcting the DNS code, copied from another mac device but I do not have any other Mac device nor do my family/friends. 

Please can you advise how I can fix the DNS code to allow the wifi to work? I have tried every other Avenue to solve this problem and it is interfering with my ability to work from home. 

many thanks 

@Lauramc010 wrote:

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.