cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook not connecting to wifi - Hub 3.0

justluh
Joining in

Hi all, 

this has been happening for a good 4 months or more, randomly my Macbook pro disconnects from the WIFI and it does not matter what I do, it won't connect again.

All my other devices are connected to the wifi, only the MBP has issues, if I try to use my Mobile network as a hotspot, it connects, so it does not look like a MBP problem.

Anyone can help with this?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the exact same issue on my macbook Pro and by comparing the macbook pro DNS setting to the Mac Mini I could see that the DNS was missing from the Macbook. Adding those seen on the Mac Mini to the macbook pro resolved the issue. Yay!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go to Settings then Network then in wifi go to Advanced - what does it show in the wifi list?  Post a screen shot.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sorry, I said it wrong, it DOES connect to the WIFI, it shows in the list, BUT the internet is not available, sometimes it shows the "!" mark besides the wifi icon.

all other devices in my house are working fine.

Best way to resolve this is by doing the following...

1) Click on your wifi icon at the top of the screen and select Open Network Preferences...

1.png

2) Within the resulting window, select the Advanced button

2.png

3) Remove any saved wifi listings by highlighting the one you want to remove and then pressing the minus button

3.png

4) Press Ok and then Apply

5) Attempt to re-connect to your virgin media wifi which will re-prompt you for your wifi password

Job done, you now have working WIFI on your MBP 🙂

did this and still not working, it connects to the WIFI but no Internet available

Hmm OK in the, same place, where you can remove saved WiFi connections, change to the dns tab and add x2 entries 

Once done apply and ok these settings and then re test the wifi  ☺ 

No success as well 😞

is there any incompatibility with Hub 3.0 and a MBP ?

Its really annoying, it works for 20minutes and stop, after 1 hour it comes back and stops again

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you connect the Macbook to the Hub by a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable and see if the problem persists or disappears. If its a new model get an ethernet(RJ45) to lightning (USBc) or USB or whatever connector off eBay/Amazon - it's what I use to connect my Macbook Air by cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

unfortunately I dont have the adapter to use the ethernet cable,

I'm still having the issue, is so annoying!!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
get an adapter they are less than £10 and useful to have for that type of kit.

--------------------
John
--------------------