cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac airbook will not connect to internet, connects then asks for password a few seconds later.

Edmoj
Joining in

Mac airbook not connecting to Hitron hub, connects for a couple of seconds then asks for password again. Been to apple they have reset everything and it connects to a private network elsewhere. Virgin support no help as saying since other devices connect nothing to do with them. Help

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hitron? You must be on the "Business" package then? This forum is just for "Residential" customers.

That said.... I am typing this on my Macbook Air and never have any issues. So I assume you are trying over a wifi connection? Can you try it over an ethernet cable connection and see if it connects fine. I use ethernet (RJ45) - to any Macbook port "Adapters" - I connect my various Macs with adapters for USBc, USB3, Thunderbolt.

Are you using a VPN to connect? That is another potential black hole - there are many posts on this forum where VPN users cant connect via their Hub3/4's. Search this forum for VPN - some threads offer solutions - I dunno whether a Hitron has the same issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No sorry it’s not a business Iam in a shared house with other students and this is the box we got sent. I will try the thread on vpn

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you in the R.o.I then ? This is the UK user forum - we dont get Hitron's

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No Newcastle, I’ve ordered an Ethernet cable will try that tmrw. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK.... can you post a photo of the Hub and its base sticker please - just interested to see what they have given you 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------