cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDD Message Timeout

Xato
Joining in

Hi there

We got a Hub 5 after our Hub 3? bricked itself on New Year's Eve. Since then, we have intermittent dropouts, several times a day. Each time corresponds with a MDD message timeout in the router logs, so obviously nothing to do with WiFi.

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

ce95301236d20d3d00f1c25303ed2f50386fb4f0.png

Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Xato, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your broadband services recently. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 21 FEB 2023 14:10 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Thanks, but this has been happening to the day I got the Hub 5 (2 months ago) and you have repeatedly told me it's an area issue, which is now fixed, then another area issue etc. 

Neighbours are not affected.

This message sometimes appears due to a problem in your home. Power off your hub, check that all cable connections are tight between the hub and wall socket and power the hub back on. Let us know if there's a difference.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

No difference I'm afraid. Can't seem to book an engineer on the helpline, keep getting "we know there is a problem in your area", and no option to speak to anyone. Then I get a message saying the problem is fixed (which it isn't), and we start again.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d233c9a83503d2b62d4c03add976cccee86dacbe

Hi @Xato, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you're having with the broadband. 😞
I've had a look and I can see there is an outage in the area causing these issues.
It is what we call an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio) fault where there is a faulty cable.
The fault code is: F010493580 and the estimated repair time is for the 8th March 2023 at 9:30am.

Here is some more information about SNR faults:
SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system).

The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs