cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC filtering on the Virgin Media Hub - lower case

jeffstreet
Tuning in

Whilst installing Smart Plugs I needed to add a MAC address to the allowed filter list, but Virgin keeps changing the lower case characters to upper case and this means no match is found with the Smart Plug. How do I ensure the correct LOWER case MAC address is added? This happens on the Advanced settings/Wireless/Security/ when adding a MAC address to the Wireless Filter List and under the Advanced Settings/Security/MAC filtering options...the same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jeffstreet

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to fix this issue now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like another code glitch in the hubs firmware, MAC addresses are not case sensitive, so the translate/compare is incorrect.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jeffstreet

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to fix this issue now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks to any that replied. I ascertained that, whilst Virgin Media display the entered characters in uppercase, the original entry in lowercase was how the MAC filter has been stored. It is a shame that the site couldn't b3 adjusted to reflect what is actually entered, but at least it works. 

Thanks for your reply and update, jeffstreet,

Glad to hear it works.

Cheers,

Corey C