Menu
nickmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

M28 area Broadband regularly down...

Hi I’ve noticed recently that the broadband service in M28 area seems to be down more and more.  It’s becoming a real inconvenience and considering how much Virgin broadband costs me I wondered how I can obtain a refund for days/time lost?  It’s gone down again this evening and been down for a few hours already.  It’s just not good enough...

0 Kudos
ukdavej
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: M28 area Broadband regularly down...

Im also in the M28 area and it has been getting steadily worse for the last 12 months. Initially once or twice a month, now it is consistently happening most Sundays for around 6 hours. I've got an outstanding complaint in with VM (on-going for at least a month now) but despite being promised a response, I've still heard nothing. Every time it goes off, I ring and log it and I agree it simply is not good enough especially as every 12 months I get a price increase on the basis that VM are improving services blah blah but it seems to be the opposite in our case.

If you ring when it's actually off, they will sometimes issue a one off credit of a few quid but I'm beyond that point now, I want concrete promises that it will be fixed and a significant refund for services and time lost to date.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickmeister,

I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy.

Are you getting drop outs over wifi or ethernet?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
nickmeister
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, this was posted about a week ago so yes power levels, connection will be healthy as it’s since been fixed.

The drop outs have been due to the service being down which has been happening more frequently.  It’s been a topic on my local Facebook forum so I am aware it’s down in the whole area and not just specific to me.

The service is usually great but as I say lately it’s becoming more and more unreliable, considering the prices keep increasing I will be looking to change provider soon.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickmeister

Thanks for getting back to us. If it does drop again please let us know and we'll certainly look into it. I've just checked your connection over and it's all looking good at the moment.

Thanks 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos