cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M250 option

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone recently had this package can tell me which router/modem is now being supplied. Is it the hub 5 for everyone or still getting 4 or even 3-

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Will be a Hub3 if they have them - possibly a refurbished one - but could be a Hub4.

Only way it will be the Hub5 ATM - is if you sign up for 1GB

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jem101
Superstar

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone recently had this package can tell me which router/modem is now being supplied. Is it the hub 5 for everyone or still getting 4 or even 3-

Thanks

Honestly, it’ll be whatever they happen to have stock of, and, if a manned install, what the installer happens to have on his or her van at the time!

For the 250 tier, honestly any of them will be fine, anything lower than the 3 have apparently been deprecated as they don’t support the 21cv phone system - I suspect it is most likely that you will get a Hub 3.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If your on a SH1/2 I say you should get a hub 5
---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. Looks like it’ll be modem mode and mesh then.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks all. Looks like it’ll be modem mode and mesh then.

Ah, in which case, what hub you get doesn't matter, they are all fairly competent cable modems.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If your going 20 years without changing hub you might as well get the newest plus free speed upgrade that will be supported by it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:
If your going 20 years without changing hub you might as well get the newest plus free speed upgrade that will be supported by it.

Sorry, but really, what?