cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my 2.4gh and 5gh networks

Shetlandtim
Joining in

I am using a Hub 3 and until a couple of days ago I had 3 networks set up.  I had  2.4gh and a 5gh networks which I had before I had the Hub 3 and were carried over when I had the Hub 3.  The Hub 3 also came with a network ready installed so I used all 3 networks at home.  Some devices around the home seemed only to connect to the 2.4gh and 5gh networks.  This has worked fine for several years.  A couple of days ago the 2.4 gh and 5gh networks completely disappeared and I was left only the Hub 3 ready installed network, VM9953286.  This is a major problem as my music streaming system does not work with the VM9953286.  

I have spoken, twice, to the Virginmedia help desk who said there was an outage in this area which would last until the 9th May, according to the engineers.  This didn't make any sense to me because if there is an outage why can I get a good wifi signal on the VM9953286 network ?  When I asked this I simply kept being told there was an outage.

I am at a loss at to what I can do.  I am not very technically minded so any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

Connect to the Hub3 using a browser at http://192.168.0.1/  login with the Hub's password.

From the Hub 3 menus :  Advanced settings >>> Wireless >>> Security

Here you can re-set the names & passwords of the Hub 3's WiFi services for the 2.4 & 5 Ghz  bands.