Menu
Jackopolarbear1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss off internet

For the last week my internet keeps going off btwn 9pm-1am.... today it’s gone off 3 times 6am,9am,11am. When I ring Virgin to inquire the phone goes dead after waiting for at least 20min.. when I check status online it says my area is working well.. but it’s not !!! Getting annoyed now 

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss off internet

@Jackopolarbear1 wrote:

For the last week my internet keeps going off btwn 9pm-1am.... today it’s gone off 3 times 6am,9am,11am. When I ring Virgin to inquire the phone goes dead after waiting for at least 20min.. when I check status online it says my area is working well.. but it’s not !!! Getting annoyed now 

Whilst waiting for a VM staff member to get to this post (or you getting through on the phone) - post your connection details up on here and someone will be able to see if there is a problem there....

if you could go to http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 ) in your browser [there is no need to login] and then click on the  “router status” button at  top right - or bottom middle - of first page up -- depending on which hub you have  and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream , &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read (not by me!), but try and avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses.  If there looks to be a network connection problem, a VM Forum staff member on here will organise a technician visit or you may be quicker calling the help line for that.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackopolarbear1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing an issue with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your line and everything has come back as fine with no time-outs reported in 2 days.

When this happens, does the internet stop working on both wired and wireless devices? 

Do any lights change on the router at all?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jackopolarbear1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

last few days have been ok,the signal on the WiFi seems slightly weaker on a night time .

as for the lights shown when it went off,yes I got multiple colours & icons flashing on the router (red & green)

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackopolarbear1,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos