cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

mae65
Joining in

After a lightning storm last night our virginmedia broadband/landlines are not working and the router and our smart tvs won't turn on. I have booked a call out but not till Fri but am concerned I am going to have to replace everything 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if others are having the same issue

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for that- I'd already tried the online check and it showed no issues, however I just got a message to put the callout I had booked on hold as they're investigating in my area. Still not sure why both our tvs aren't turning on at all even on aerial- one was and one wasn't hardwired to the router

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is the 0800 line reporting for you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It says that there are no problems in my area postcode- despite a previous sms saying it's being investigated 

Hi @mae65

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the service issues you are having.

If a local issue is detected, the visit will be cancelled.

If not, your visit will go ahead as planned.

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused in the meantime. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Close lightning strikes can sometimes have really odd and seemingly illogical effects. The VM broadband connection notwithstanding, there is a good chance that it has fried the electronics in your TVs, possibly your house insurance will cover the cost of replacement.