Menu
AidyM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of internet connection

Hi all,

My internet connection has been down since 8:30 Tuesday (28/8) morning. I know there was some 'scheduled maintenance' being performed yesterday in the area so an outage was to be expected, however I have spoken to neighbours and others in the area with VM broadband and their services are working fine!

I have contacted CS twice to report this issue and have been told the following:

1. I should only experience intermittent loss of connection
  2. This will likely go on until the 2nd September

My problems are:

1. I am experiencing a complete loss of connection - not intermittent
  2. I had no problems with my broadband prior to the 'scheduled maintenance'
  3. My neighbours and others in the area are having no noticeable issues with their broadband

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet connection

It "might" be limited to just a few users on your street and you just haven't asked the "right" people yet. When you say complete loss of connection - is that via ethernet cable as well as wifi?

In the meantime, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
AidyM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet connection

Thanks for your reply!

Complete loss of connection (flashing green light), however CS insist it should only be intermittent!

Thanks for the the link! I actually have a utility running on a NAS that constantly monitors my connection but I will take a look.

0 Kudos