Menu
AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Loss of connection

Hi, we've woken up this morning to find our router power light is flashing green and the WiFi symbol is permanently green. I've checked connections to the box and rebooted it twice but we still can't get online. I’ve run the website checker and was told that Virgin needed 10 minutes to look at it and then to turn off and on again all equipment. Still nothing. Any thing else we can try?

nunobhorta
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of connection

Same here! SE17 2NP

AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes- we’re SE19. Seems to be back up and running now though- you?

0 Kudos
Pichulec
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here, no internet - constant green light on hub. When I login to hub it says Internet - Acces Denied

LU3

________________________________________________________________________________

If you need help with configuration of network device, feel free to ask.
0 Kudos
Nhowes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

I had the same same problem last week. Tried everything (re-starting router/unplugging cables) turns out the main cable in the street was snapped.

The engineer said that someone may have dropped the lid to the man hole box when in there last! Mine was at the top of the cables.

He rewired it and now works fine.

I’d give virgin media a call. They go through some trouble shooting like restarting router etc then sent someone out two days later when I was available.

Hope this helps!

AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this- good advice! I seem to be back online at the moment, but will keep this in mind if it happens again.

thanks everyone for comments/ advice- really appreciate it!

0 Kudos