cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of broadband

SuziSueLou
Joining in

So area 26 (BD19) has been without broadband since 13/07 and there has been no attempt by Virgin to resolve the issue (engineers visited on 14/07 and haven't been seen since) either by fixing the cable or by providing a temporary connection. Numerous calls to your customer service team result in me being told the same information I can find on your website.

Your social media team members SL has referred me to your bank of knowledge to assist me in obtaining a true reflection of how long Virgin expects to be in breach of contract for.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Best infoi is always reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

What is that reporting? You can also start the compensation timer on that line.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It is saying that there are 2 issues;

Issue 1

We hope to fix this by 20 July at 12:00

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

Customers may find they are unable to use their Virgin Fibre & TV services. This is taking longer than expected to resolve due to damage caused to fibre cables. We apologise for this, our engineers are working to resolve this ASAP.

Issue 2

We hope to fix this by 20 July at 12:00

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

Virgin Broadband, Interactive TV & V6 On Demand services might not be working at the moment.Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

However, this will change to 16.00, then 18.00, then 20.00 before changing to tomorrow at 12. 

I would like a true reflection of when this will be fixed. 

Thanks.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They say it's a repair to the fibre cable, that's a very intricate operation and they will not be able to give accurate timescales.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@SuziSueLou wrote:

Your social media team members SL has referred me to your bank of knowledge to assist me in obtaining a true reflection of how long Virgin expects to be in breach of contract for.

There is no breach of contract when faults occur - check the terms of your written contract. But you are eligible for compensation after the first two days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.