cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of broadband connection

mumat10
Joining in

I am losing wifi connection between 11.30 and 2.30 every day - why would this happen and would resetting the router fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the update mumat10 and glad to hear the visit was a success.

If you need us again please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂 Have a great week.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check first if there any known works ongoing in your location?

Check in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing shows there .... is it just wifi connections that are lost or do devices connected on an ethernet cable also drop out ?

If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mumat10

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced, we appreciate you contacting us via the forums to get this looked into. Welcome to the community.

From checking we can see you have a legacy Hub which is currently experiencing some power level issues. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to arrange a visit.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the update mumat10 and glad to hear the visit was a success.

If you need us again please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂 Have a great week.

Rob