Menu
Tmarti66
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of WiFi signal

Thought I'd come here for answers as the VM helpdesk are too generic in their response and only too happy to quickly get off the phone. My WiFi signal keeps dropping in and out even when sitting directly in front of the router. Wired connections seems to be unaffected. VM have walked me through the reset process and advised the signal would improve after 24hrs. It didn't last. They also suggested resetting the router periodically. Why? I've never done that before and its worked fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sick of the usual response of resetting the router. Something must be wrong for it not to be working properly. I'm paying for this rubbish service and I don't expect it to only work if the moon and stars are aligned on certain times of the day. VM wouldn't accept that from me if I took that approach to paying my bills would they!?

I've had to switch WiFI off on my phone and rely on 4G as its the only reliable signal I will get. I though this Hub 3 was the best yet and the ''Intelligent WiFi system optimises itself'' - err I don't think so!

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of WiFi signal

The reality is that the Hub 3 is not fit for purpose.  I know you shouldn't have to but the only real solution to getting a reliable WiFi signal is to put the hub into Modem Mode and buy a decent router (I recommend Asus) to attach to it.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of WiFi signal

Dave is right... except to be fair... the Hub3 works just fine for most people (hence VM/LG in no rush to replace it) - my mate around the corner thinks its the best wifi router on the planet !
It just doesn't seem to work too well for those in a "challenging" wifi environment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos