Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of WiFi connection

I wonder if anybody is able to offer advice on a fix for a WiFi connection problem.

This first became evident on an HP laptop running Windows 10 which has inexplicably lost WiFi connectivity. It was fine one evening, shut down overnight and then not fine on boot-up the following morning.

If I attempt to connect to the web and use the troubleshooter I am told that 'Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'. In Settings, I can see that WiFi is turned on and my router [a Hub 3.0] is identified but shown as 'No Internet'. If I go to 'Show available networks' my own router appears at the top of the list with the option to Disconnect, implying that it is connected.

If I connect by ethernet then everything is fine.

To verify whether the problem resides with the laptop or router I've attempted a WiFi connection with another device and this too has failed. I therefore conclude that it's a router issue but if I look at the router settings and run the diagnostic tool there doesn't appear to be anything amiss. BUT the router status network log records, between 20/02/19 and 03/03/19, a number of occurrences of
DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4,
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out, and
DHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response

Can anybody make sense of what's going on? Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of WiFi connection

Hi pely01,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums,

Sorry you're having some issues with the connection, I'm going to send you a PM (little purple envelope, top right hand corner) so I can take a closer look at things.

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I know if the issue was fixed? I seem to have the same problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SilviaB -

I ended up doing a hard reset on the hub and this appeared to sort things out.  No recurrence of the problem.

Hope that helps -

pely01

0 Kudos