Menu
Highlighted
smeese
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Service: compensation

I've had problems from day 1 installation in April. No underground feed to house, couldnt do on day as ducts were blocked. Engineer connected to next doors house temporarily to give service but cleated wire across whole width of front of their house to mine (without permission). Neighbour threatened to cut wire off wall causing tension with neighbour. I phoned virgin who said was temporary for 3 days. No one came back after a week. Phoned numerous times with Virgin saying someone should be working on it. Then nothing. Phoned virgin again for them to say they can get someone out in 3 weeks at end of May to do it. Neighbour obviously still not happy it being 4 weeks with wire in house. Come end of May engineer came and couldn't do it as underground duct was blocked.(which they already knew back in April) so they went off. Numerous phone calls back n forth. Said would now be in June. Monday June 10th at 7.30am engineers working out front of property in pathway and all service went off.Engineer not due u til Thursday 13th June. I went work n came back to wire curled up outside ready to fix onto my house. But the temp service I did have must of been disconnected out in street underground as my house still had temp wire across neighbours to their feed. I phoned virgin who said I'd get automatic compensation for any loss at £8 per day. So come Thursday and no engineer turns up. Phobed virgin they said someone will call me back. Had someone phone me Thurs e being to say Friday evening engineer will reconnect me. Friday evening after 6pm engineer did come and get service up n running finally from April.Had bill come through in July from June but full price, no compensation. Phoned virgin who said can onmy offer you £2.56 (approx) as its not automatically compensated £8 per day for 5 days. obviously not happy as £2.56 is alot less then £40. They then added £5 as good will gesture. So only £7.56 Compensation in total for 2 months of **bleep**e customer service and numerous phone calls and 5 days without any service... Does this sound fair?????? (sorry for long rant) 

Anyone know who to contact. As I'm sick of phoning departments who can t do anything. 

Thanks, Stuart.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of Service: compensation

You should be paid £8 for each 24 hour period of no service, and that should be paid automatically without you having to claim.

If it's just a poor or intermittent service then it's down to their discretion. You could always go through their phone menu to 'Thinking of leaving us' and see if they will give you a credit.

smeese
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yeah I was totally off for 5 days after the underground team messed underground. tv phone and Internet was all off. it's just so frustrating going through to departments who are totally useless and won't help. even the online chat no one replied to me 🙈. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello smeese

I am really sorry to hear this has happened, have you managed to get this all sorted out? If not let me know and I can look into it for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
smeese
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe, this hasn't been sorted yet. Can't get to talk to the correct people. Is there an email address or direct number? 

Thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can look into it from here if you want? If you would prefer the phone its 150 from your landline.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
smeese
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes if you can look into it Joe that woukd be great. You need any info from myself?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Of course we will gladly take a look for you. I will pop you a private message across so I can access your details and look in to this further for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi

smeese
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

I have not received a private message yet.

Kind Regards,

Stuart Meese

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will ping you a private message now smeese

Sorry about that Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos