cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Internet in Cardiff

BALW
Tuning in

Evening,

We've been suffering constant internet outages in the CF5 postcode area of Cardiff since the 31st October - when there was a solar flare that knocked out (temporarily) all electronic devices and lights across the area.

Our Hub 3 is in modem mode, running wifi network via a Tenda Nova mesh hub network. No issues until that Sunday, now the internet continually drops for 1-2 minutes throughout the day (15-20 times a day). 

We had an engineer out who replaced the Hub as well as the cable access point in the wall, but that has not resolved the issue. Honestly at a bit of a loss now as to what we can do, another technician coming on Friday but I strongly suspect the issue is not with our equipment (given it's all been replaced) and the WiFi network itself is fine, just the internet that is dropping out.

Any advice or help appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BAWL

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making thi post regarding the connection issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear that things have not been working well for you since 31st October.

I would like to take a further look into this and run some diagnostics. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

Morning,

Unfortunately the problem persists, even after receiving an email from Virgin on Saturday stating the issue was resolved. The engineer who came on Friday advised it was a local network issue rather than our property/equipment, so as long as that is still open it's fine - it just concerns me that it was stated the issue was fixed and the following day it was still occuring.

Thanks

Ben

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its a persisting known issue, it should be reported on the 0800 number. If nothing shows there then call in and see if they say there is - and then get the fault reference number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cheers John - will do

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues @BALW. I've taken a look into this today and can see there's an ongoing SNR issue in the area that's currently estimated to be resolved by the 22nd. If you're still having issues at that point please let us know we'll be happy to check for another update, and take further action if required.

Tom