cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection every morning between 09:00 and 11:00

PMBlogger
Joining in

Every morning I lose broadband access for between 1 to 5 minutes, several times between 08:00 and 11:00. It doesn't seem to happen thereafter. Whenever I check the service status it says it is OK and I obviously can't check it when I've got no access. Any idea what's going on and should I log it as a complaint? I have trouble finding where I put in a complaint though.

23 REPLIES 23

Done that and I've lost connectivity twice since then this afternoon 🙂

John.

Had real problems this morning between 09:15 and 10:30 kept losing internet access (DNS Server not responding) - no change to light on the box stayed low white throughout. Each outage was for about 2-3 minutes and I must have had about 10-12 outages. Seems OK now no problems for the past hour. John.

Thanks for your messages and clearing data protection, PMBlogger,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,
Corey C

Thanks Corey, he came yesterday and replaced/tidied up some of the outside cabling. I was up a bit late this morning (having fractured my patella and hobbling about on crutches) but again had the usual problem between 09:15 and 09:25. Screen shot if it is any help:

Network Adaptor.jpg

Thanks for the update @PMBlogger.

Sorry to hear the issue persists after the given appointment.

In this case please try setting up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to monitor dropouts on your service post appointment: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality . This will help us further identify where the problem may lay.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OK many thanks, I have now set that up. What do I do with the results?

Post a link to the 'Live Graph' on here

click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Worked fine! - Graph looks OK - a couple of brief lag spikes (I get a graph like this if I do a speed test)

It'll be interesting to see what happens overnight and tomorrow morning!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @PMBlogger,

Thanks for the link to the BQM. Looks relatively healthy other than the spike every 8 hours are so. How have your devices been performing during these?

Just had a look from our end and levels are all coming back all green and clear currently.

Kind regards

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide