Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Losing WiFi and cannot work from home

WiFi signal from hub 3 regularly drops but seemingly only when in zoom or video calls. Also tried to connect via ethernet cable and same thing happens. WiFi drops, loses network, cannot reconnect for minutes or unless I reset router. The issue seems to be the service and not the hardware as when streaming like with Netflix we have no issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing WiFi and cannot work from home

Try zoom or video calls with hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Barryclarke07 wrote:

WiFi signal from hub 3 regularly drops but seemingly only when in zoom or video calls. Also tried to connect via ethernet cable and same thing happens. WiFi drops, loses network, cannot reconnect for minutes or unless I reset router. The issue seems to be the service and not the hardware as when streaming like with Netflix we have no issues. 

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had plugged another router into the hub to effectively use it for just the modem, then connected to that, same issue keeps happening 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Service says its fine I'm completely stumped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What is your connection like using a direct connection with a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Barryclarke07 wrote:

Service says its fine I'm completely stumped

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can Virgin please sort this out?!  I am in Telford and when I phone 150 I get an automated voice telling me of 'intermittent' issues in our area with Broadband.  This has been happening for over a week now - and with a lot of us having to work from home and RELYING on broadband - WE NEED THIS TO BE SORTED.

The service from Virgin is shocking.  Ive made a complaint about recent service I received, and the complaint hasn't even been acknowledged (this dates back to the summer) - so who on earth do I complain to now??

RUBBISH VIRGIN. Please pull your fingers out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@macmanyoung wrote:

Can Virgin please sort this out?!  I am in Telford and when I phone 150 I get an automated voice telling me of 'intermittent' issues in our area with Broadband.  This has been happening for over a week now - and with a lot of us having to work from home and RELYING on broadband - WE NEED THIS TO BE SORTED.

The service from Virgin is shocking.  Ive made a complaint about recent service I received, and the complaint hasn't even been acknowledged (this dates back to the summer) - so who on earth do I complain to now??

Why are you replying to this thread?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@macmanyoung wrote:

Please post your own thread if you require assistance 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos