Menu
DominicS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Losing WAN connection to hub between 11:45ish and 17:45ish every day

As the title says - I'm consistently losing the WAN connection to my Superhub 2 between 11:45ish and 17:45ish every day (it's happened three days running so far). It's weird! 

There are no local outages on the status page each time it happens. I've (obviously) tried rebooting, powering down the hub etc. to no avail. The connection has come back of its own accord in the early evening. 

Just to be clear - it's not a wifi issue - I'm running the hub in modem mode, with a DLink router and Devolo homeplug connections. I've also tried switching the hub back to router mode, with a RJ45 connection directly, but also no connection. 

During this disconnection, the lights on the hub cycle through blinking green arrow and flashing blue light above that. 

Any ideas? The rep on the second call to customer service suggested a new superhub, presumably an SH3, so that should be arriving soon - but this doesn't sound like a local problem to me, rather an intermittent network availability issue. And in a house of avid gamers, I don't want to bring a fresh hell of off-the-scale pings that seem to be associated with the SH3.

So I've booked an engineer for tomorrow afternoon - daresay the demonstrator effect will happen and there will be a rock solid signal then...

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Losing WAN connection to hub between 11:45ish and 17:45ish every day

Is your DLink router up to date?

When the connection is at it worse post the downstream and upstream from the hub.
http://192.168.100.1/RouterStatus.html

If possible its best not to reboot the hub or router as the connection should come back on its own you can setup a BQM to monitor the connection.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

0 Kudos
DominicS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro

Thanks - yes, DLink firmware is up-to-date - but I've also tried to connect direct to the hub in router mode during the outage, and that didn't work either. 

I've registered with thinkbroadband, and will run a BQM overnight to see what it shows. 

Thanks also for the suggestion not to reboot the hub - it hadn't occurred to me that a reboot would clear the logs, but that's obvious now I think about it!

I'm almost hoping the signal WILL drop tomorrow, so I can post the router status during an outage... I hadn't realised that the router status button is on the log-in page itself. 

I'll come back with results as and when they happen. 

0 Kudos
DominicS
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, very helpful engineer came yesterday and checked the signal level, which was slightly low, so adjusted that. He thought the signal drop-out might have been due to a combination of factors, including the SH2, but of course it was behaving itself during his visit...

He also commissioned the Superhub 3 which had arrived in the meantime . Firmware is 608, so I'm hoping the ping won't become a problem!

Here's the before and after BQM - average and minimum ping seems to have dropped, but max ping gone up slightly:

BQM before and after SH3 install.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DominicS hopefully this has resolved the issue. Please let us know how it goes Thanks Chris 

0 Kudos