Menu
Dazz72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loosing wifi

Hi for the past 6-7 weeks I have had to restart my superhub 2 about twice a day, as I loose WiFi , I never had this issue before.

i have various items on the system, ie smart item, it’s just doing my head in now, I did not have this issue on my old hub

can someone look at this issue please

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loosing wifi

Do you get any error messages - particularly regarding "security" "passwords" and "WEP" ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dazz72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No errors, just done a speed test and the 5ghz is showing around 150mbps down load and the 2ghz only shows 65 Mbs. 

I have selected WiFi channel 1-5 and no change

On WPA Auto 

anyone assist 

@jbrennand wrote:
Do you get any error messages - particularly regarding "security" "passwords" and "WEP" ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazz72,

Do all devices lose connection to the WiFi at the same time or is it particular devices which are losing connection?
When the devices lose connection are wired connections still fine?

You've advised you need to reboot the hub several times a day, have you tried a pinhole reset of the hub to see if it resolves the connection issues? Reset Your Hub

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Dazz72 wrote:

No errors, just done a speed test and the 5ghz is showing around 150mbps down load and the 2ghz only shows 65 Mbs. 

I have the SH2 but always had it in modem mode with my own wifi kit.  But 5GHz is always quicker than 2.4. 

For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos