cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log onto Hub 3 - another user logged in.

eddie00001
On our wavelength

I’m trying to login to the Hub 3 but keep getting an error saying someone else is logged in.
I’ve rebooted the Hub, but still get the same error message.

36 REPLIES 36

You can back up your settings then reload them after a pin hole reset.

Hub-Backup

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Bqckup is good, 

as are all backups,

but if you have not a recent backup up of the router ( Who has ) 

then if you can't log in , can you back up ?

No one seems to able to answer as why this is happening. Why will the hub 3 get a message someone else is logged in ? 
any one could be snd this is called a hacker. 
I would like to hear from VirginMedia as to why their hub 3 log in is unable because someone else is logged in. 
Please can a Virgin expert answer or help to clarify why this is happening. 
Thank you 

@MARIA424 wrote:

No one seems to able to answer as why this is happening. Why will the hub 3 get a message someone else is logged in ? 
any one could be snd this is called a hacker. 
I would like to hear from VirginMedia as to why their hub 3 log in is unable because someone else is logged in. 
Please can a Virgin expert answer or help to clarify why this is happening. 
Thank you 

Answered in your own thread - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-log-in/td-p/4467131

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Replying to Theodig... no sure ... this virgin community forum is not clear to me when I want to reply someone, I don’t see their names when I want to reply.

any way .....someone else logged in my Virgin Hub 3 (using the browser) and using the virgin connect app. 
it worries me this is happening...I read in a tech forum Some years back that some computers git wrote to Virgin Media and told them the flaws HUB 3 had and that Virgin have not done any thing and that can be hacked quite easily for those in the know.
I am not surprised. I keep changing passwords in my Virgin WiFi setting but still is happening . Note that the passcode and I don’t say password as it is numerical in the Hub 3 to log in , cannot be changed so  this is another big flaw. 
Any knows if we can change the passcode to log in the Hub 3 by a browser ? 
Please don’t tell me I need to get a new router 🙂 to get a new passcode 🙂 

Message for Theoldgit:

i was able to split my WiFi frequencies and give them the name of VM-5G and VM2.4G so I can see in my iPhone which frequency I was using. I noticed that the settings in Hub 3 keep changing my frequencies names to a single one. Recently I tried to Split and rename again the frequencies and I cannot find the option in the Hub 3 settings . 
Do you know where in settings is done again? Thank u if u can 🙂 

Guppy16
Just joined

Resetting your router is a bit of a pain.

I tried restarting my device and waiting 5-10 mins before trying again. Seems like the router is just slow to update the login?