cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log onto Hub 3 - another user logged in.

eddie00001
On our wavelength

I’m trying to login to the Hub 3 but keep getting an error saying someone else is logged in.
I’ve rebooted the Hub, but still get the same error message.

36 REPLIES 36

Out of interest, this "pahntom user" logged into the hub seems to be quiet common amongst users,

its not you, seems more wide spread than that

Amongst others, I'm having the same problem, a phantom user is logged in, I reset, set up the hub again, and a few days later I check how the hub log file is, and I have the same routine.

and yes I do log out at the end of the session.

makes you wonder if the firmware has been hacked ,

Okay, thank you for that. 

What I have done is reached out to another team to try and get some more information on this for you. 

Once I get some more information I will respond again. 

Thank you

^Martin

I doubt anyone will hold their breath! I think the super hub 3 is suspect at best. The connect app isn’t fit for purpose. When it works it tells me I have great wifi, not true or as is more often the case, someone else is logged in 😠

Hi Lcarru,

Thank you for waiting for me. I have had a response. 

Can you confirm if you have accessed the hub settings by signing into the hub and if so how often do you do this?

^Martin

I am having the same issue.  Please can you assist? 

@ARK21

Its a joke ,.

At best Virgin have no idea why this occures, they just say , do the pin reset. 

which looses how you have set up the wifi / Ip address/ filters etc.

AND

The phantom user is likely to get logged in again, 

so you will be re doing this !

The "implication" from Virgin is that this is not a real "user" but "just" a phantom "glitch" that forces you to have to reset to factory your modem, probably on a regular basis.  !!

BUT , remember, take heart in the evident fact Virgin have a great, very efficient system to try to up sell you more add ons. 

Take from that what comfort you can as to the level of support or care Virgin have for security or existing customers.

Hi ARK21

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for this issue. Please do a PIN reset on the router and then try. This should fix this 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

A pin reset , resets everythign in the Hub,

so you have to set up every thing again, 

till it happens next time,

when you will have to do another pin reset.

Note to Virgin.,

A pin reset back to factory default every time is not a fix, its a get me working, 

when will Virgin fix this constant problem ?

Totally agree, I’m fed up of doing the pin reset and then faffing with setting it all back up again.  Virgin need to fix this bug 

I Have also just got this message after logging in and splitting the wifi frequencies to enable smart plugs... The app also stopped responding so I have deleted it from my iPad and android phone. I have tried everything but a pinhole reset which I am reluctant to do  as the settings will have to be done again. Smart home will go dumb 😂