cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Hub 3.0

Oldun
On our wavelength

I have a Hub 3.0 and I am experiencing the same problem as many others.

I am trying to set up my Hub 3.0 but cannot complete this process. I connect to 192.168.0.1 and get so far with the settings when the process times out. I try to log back in only to find that this is impossible ads "someone else is already logged in".

I then have to reset the router and repeat the process ad-infinitum.

The only solution offered by VM is to send me a Hub 2 to see if that works OK. Hub 4 is not available in my area!.

I have not yet received the Hub 2 but even if it works this is not acceptable as I am paying for a Hub 3.0.

Can I get VM to immediately cancel my contract, without an excess charge for the incomplete contract so that I can find a new provider that can offer me a router that actually works. It is obvious that they cannjot supply the service I am paying for/

Why oh why does the router not log the user out when it crashes? Surely his is usual practice?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Give it one more go after a reset like this...

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Oldun,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having these issues. 

Thank you @jbrennand for the detailed steps you have provided for the OP to follow.

@Oldun, can I ask if you have tried carrying out the reset again following the exact steps provided by our VIP?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Oldun
On our wavelength

Hello Ayisha_B

The problem seems to have resolved itself. I can now access the router via the webpage without it dropping out and crashing.

I have backed-up all my settings so if It crashes in future I can easily restore my settings

Thanks for your help