cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little or no wifi on Hub5

Neiland67
Joining in

Hi any help would be appreciated, for almost a week my WiFi was poor but usable however for the last 3 days my WiFi is shocking virtually no use,devices not connected dropping connection if they do connect, my WiFi cameras won't connect so I'm worried when leaving the house now,my Firestick is now almost redundant because streaming anything on it is impossible due to constant buffering, I notified virgin media through the website(2-3 days ago) and on my network status page but all I got was a message saying work was being carried out in my area and that it would be fixed shortly, however today when I try to check my network status is just goes to a different page so I can't further report it,I've tried using the virgin connect app with no success it says I'm not connected, I've tried a home scan through the virgin connect app again no success it's just tells me to connect to my home WiFi lol,so today I reset my hub 5 thinking that might fix the problem but it's not helped one little bit no worse however just the same mess it has been for days,I'm in the TS1 area and when I was able to check my network status it did say they were aware of issues in Ts1and an engineer was working to fix it can I ask when will your engineer get around to doing his job please

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See what is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and also tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just tried the phone number apparently there are no known issues in my area according to the message assistant, well I'm afraid there is and it also says to check through the my virgin media website and check my service status as I say when I try to do that is goes to a page saying we are doing some work on our site,so I'm stuck

Hub 5 - Sagemcom une marque française, de la camelote

Hi Neiland67,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you you have been facing connection issues, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and see you have spoken to us since your last post, how are things now? I have run checks our end and cannot see any known issues.

Regards

Paul.