cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo laptop can't see Hub 5

Troglodyte23
Tuning in

Lenovo Ideapad 305 can't see my Hub 5 WiFi. It can see my neighbor's Hub 3, and connected fine to my old Hub 3.

All my other devices can see the Hub 5 and connect just fine 

The Lenovo will connect by ethernet.

I have updated all drivers on the Lenovo.

I have rebooted and reset the Hub 5.

The laptop can see about 6 or 7 other WiFi signals. But not the Hub 5.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Probably as it has the old wifi card "Equipped with 802.11a/c WiFi" .

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Hero

Connect to the Hub 5's menus   http://192.168.0.1

In the Wireless >>> Security settings try changing the encryption mode from WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE to WPA2-PSK

Thanks for responses. How can I access the Hub with the laptop? Will I get in with a wired connection? Or can I access it on a phone?

A laptop with a network cable will work best & is the safest route.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Troglodyte23, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced on the Lenovo laptop when trying to connect to our Hub 5.

Have the suggestions provided from the fellow Forum users provided a positive outcome?

If you're still experiencing this fault, it may be worth reaching out directly to Lenovo to see if they have experienced this fault with other users, and if they have any further diagnostics or workarounds.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I thought this was going to work, but sadly it didn't. The Hub 5 is already set to WPA2-PSK.

Use hub in modem mode and get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The spec I'm looking at shows "Atheros Communications AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4", so that's quite an old chipset.

You might have more success with an up to date wifi USB adapter, and disable the built in one on the laptop?

You could also try the legacy wifi setting on the Hub 5;

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks