Menu
mas75
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lazy Virgin Engineer messed up my internet connection !!!

On 19th September i contacted virgin technical support to report sudden loss of signal, weak wi-fi signal and router constantly rebooting.   I was advised there was an issue near the area, which will be resolved within a 2-3 days.  A few days passed, and the issue was not resolved so i again contacted virgin technical support.  MY last contact with technical support was on 28th September just to make a complaint regarding their service.   They arranged to send out an engineer for 29th September. 

The engineer visited today 29th September and after inspecting the internet box outside my house, he was surprised and shocked.   He told me, next door neighbour are using my internet connection feed and the engineer who had installed their internet basically did a lazy job by connecting the coaxial cable to my box instead of fitting a seperate box for the neighbours. 

He also showed me the device which they use to identify internet connections from the main box to the house and it showed weak connection signals due to the neighbours connection.

I would appreciate if an engineer disconnect next door neighbours connection from my box.

Not happy with this.

0 Kudos
jonnyc1944
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lazy Virgin Engineer messed up my internet connection !!!

Yep, they are lazy. Both engineers and call center. (not all of them but they are there alright)

On the call center I'll say I have issues, they'll say my connection is working. (WELL DURR it won't in an hour). They have also told me that there will be ongoing works in my area so I needed to wait till after that. Pfft. Well guess what, I rang again and a different call center person said that the works they are carrying out are only expansion upgrades to allow for more customers. This isn't fixing anything, this is expansion of slots or something.

They don't like details or diagnostics at all! They might as well say that it's our problem, deal with it. 

0 Kudos